Head of IoT
£110,000 - £130,000
Edge Tech are currently retained by a leading IoT/Smart Cities business that is a global leader in Smart affordable housing. They build cities and neighbourhoods that provide strong infrastructure, technology and services that create long-lasting social and community value. The business has been operating for 5 years, they have received significant funding (€50 million) and are looking to grow out their IoT capabilities. They are looking for a technical Head of IoT team to join their business to be based in London.
You will work cross-functionally to develop IoT architecture and system guidelines. Supporting the R&D team in solution creation and development, leveraging third-party smart products. Working closely with the digital team, you will utilise your creative side in co-developing new community services that enable embedded IoT.
You will be responsible for end to end solution integration in their real estate projects and ensure effective cross-functional alignment across all required functions for the delivery of projects. The role will enable you to identify new market opportunities, promote pilots, and collaborate with key partners on IoT innovation.
The IoT team works closely with real estate R&D teams to guide solutions from conception to integration, and with the digital team to generate profitable revenue streams. As part of the IoT team, you will develop a strong understanding of smart communities and the needs of the businesses target demographics. You will have a bias for action and can overcome challenges with system integration, security, and local and global networks across multiple countries.
Through your leadership, you'll leverage your technical expertise to identify setbacks and roadblocks within a project and generate solutions for resolving them quickly. You will evaluate feedback from support teams to identify system errors and gaps.
- Understand IoT market dynamics to ensure smooth integration of projects
- Propose, build and manage systems and processes that drive improvements and efficiencies in the delivery of smart projects and services
- Manage the product lifecycle from smart solution integration to delivery
- Good knowledge of cloud computing services and AI (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure Services)
- Experience in one or more IoT Platforms like PTC Thingworx, AWS IoT Core, Microsoft IoT Hub
- Knowledge in software and agile project management
- Experience on IoT networks and related protocols, LoRaWan, NB-IoT, MQTT