Our client are building a comprehensive managed hosting service delivered via a Private Cloud in the UK and an AWS hosting service for USA customers. Currently there are 150 customers using this service and investment has been made in a Generation 2 estate to accommodate another 250.
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious individual who can help them maintain their impressive record of service and also be part of the team that drives and delivers our growth.
The Head of Cloud Infrastructure Service is responsible for delivery of this service and the evolution of the underlying infrastructure, in excess of the contracted Customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
The primary objective is to deliver a high quality service from initial set-up to ongoing support and service, to all of their customers.
The candidate will be required to work with all lines of business and operational geographies of the company in line with the goals of the business.
Reporting to the COO, key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring platform services are robust, resilient, performant and well supported;
- Build and lead a team of infrastructure specialists with a broad range of skills covering software engineering & cloud services;
- Customer helpdesk service management;
- Ensuring adherence to the highest standards of security compliance behaviour within the team (ISO 27001, SOC 1& 2);
- Infrastructure maintenance and updating programme;
- Ensure a strong focus on self service and a drive to further automation - make it easy to do the right thing and hard to do the wrong thing;
- Collaborating closely with the application software functions to deliver excellent services.
- Agree metrics to monitor the operational efficiency and service delivery of the platform, ensuring it supports the required service levels;
- Work with the board to manage the profitability of the service;
- Maintain a risk register and mitigation plans;
You will bring with you several years of experience in a similar role. You will have a background in cloud delivery and people management and will have client facing skills. The ideal profile for this role will include:
- A Technical degree or equivalent
- 3 years+ of running a managed hosting service
- ITIL qualification
- A track record of building and managing an effective infrastructure team
- A commitment to high levels of customer service
- Strong communication skills
What you will get is a first class remuneration package, senior management support, a great working environment. You will get the chance to enhance and grow your career within a company that will value your leadership qualities as well as your technical ability.