This is a critical business development and strategic leadership role, accountable for delivering state operational excellence and growth across the EMEA region in relation to its products and services. Based in Milton Keynes, the General Manager is the key full-time staff member who will be responsible for the organisation’s administration and day to day operations.
Leadership and collaboration
- Provide strong leadership and management to the EMEA Leadership Team to create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement.
- Promote and reinforce core values.
- Actively collaborate with other region leaders to drive Corporate Strategy.
- Oversee collaboration between Sales, Services, Marketing, Product, Finance and other departments to define and implement solutions that improve lead generation, lead management, sales execution, delivery and the client experience
- Be a voice for the region on the senior executive team.
- Drive the implementation of selling methodologies and best practices to ensure the Sales team aligns to consistent scalable approaches.
- Attract, retain and grow outstanding sales talent, understand the current strength of the teams and work in partnership with HR to address development needs
- Collaborate with the Alliances team to identify external partners that have the potential to accelerate growth.
Sales execution and performance
- Achieve overall revenue target in the EMEA region and support global initiatives to ensure the company’s success
- Define credible sales budgets and accurate sales forecasts for the EMEA region
- Create and sustain a sales performance culture that consistently exceeds expectations
- Implement and maintain robust and on-going performance measures and reviews to drive strong sales and Account Management execution
- Constantly refine sales strategy, develop a structure that ensures alignment of top sales staff to the highest opportunity/growth accounts, and expand direct and in-house sales team to support growth targets
- Conduct regular pipeline reviews.
- Drive sales capability improvement processes through ongoing training activities.
- Guide Account Management best practices to ensure an optimal client experience
Key Performance Metrics
- Overall revenue growth for the region, performance against plan
- Bookings and profitability
- Account retention and growth
- New business growth
- New Business development activity. Leads, opportunities, pipeline value
- Working knowledge of business and contract law and the ability to negotiate in high stress situations
- A proven understanding of the software industry
- Excellent project management skills with proven ability to handle simultaneous projects and to complete them on time and within budget
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organisations to make improvements or take corrective action
- Thorough financial and business acumen
- Working knowledge of UK accounting and HR practices
- Ability to motivate and inspire others to perform and achieve results within a diverse team
- Experience in software as a service (Saas) and solution sales; good understanding of sales in the services, consulting, information provider space desirable
- Execution focused and ability to develop solutions and strategies to further accelerate growth
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and resolve conflict across different functional areas as well as with external partners and stakeholders
- Executive level interpersonal and problem solving skills with the ability to successfully influence and quickly build credibility to maximize organizational growth and profitability
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
50% - due to the nature of the role, the applicant must not only be willing to travel, but must enjoy it.